At Life Academy High School, the incorporation of Technology in our classes is a priority. Here are some examples of how Technology is currently being implemented:
- All students at Life Academy have their own school Google accounts (@lifeacademyhsnyc.org). Teachers incorporate the use of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, and Google Calendar into class assignments.
- Our school computer lab is equipped with top of the line iMac computers.
- Our Film & Music classes are 1-1 laptop classes, where each student has his/her own account on a Macbook Pro. Furthermore, there are iMac workstations in the Film & Music classrooms.
- There are a number of other laptop carts that teachers can sign out to use in their classes.
- There is a cart of iPads that teachers can sign out to use in their classes.
- Students maintain an electronic version of the CCLS portfolio in Music classes.
- Many of our students are currently enrolled in iLearn classes, which contain an online component.